The mission of the Black Chef Series is to celebrate and highlight the diversity within the culinary industry by highlighting and showcasing African American chefs with diverse and distinctive menus and skill set from across the country. Chefs are selected to participate in the Black Chef Series by presenting lunches, brunches, workshops, and dinners to foundation members and the general public.
Recommendations for potential chefs can come from various sources: chefs, Harlem business owners, or other interested parties.
Chefs are invited to the Black Chef Series based on the following criteria:
- National or regional reputation, as evidenced by press and resume/biography
- Known use of high quality, seasonal, and/or local ingredients
- Demonstrated excellence in a particular discipline: i.e. regional, ethnic, pastry
- Financial stability and resources to partner with BCS for a New York event without negative consequences to own business
- Submission of complete event proposal - including menu
- Previous community service/charity participation
Please send submissions and contact information to email@example.com for consideration.